Saturday, June 7, 2008

Not the Best Backround


I don't have a problem with either green or Jello. But "Good for Dentures"? I'm sure it speaks to McCain's base, but maybe that doesn't send the right message to those of us under 60. I remember a time (all of my life, actually) when Republicans were really good at message control. What happened? (hat tip: DailyKos)

I guess I should add that my roommate and I were just talking about how press photographers have been putting out some rather unflattering photos of politicians in recent years and how that wasn't the case when we were young. Yes, photos came out of Lyndon Johnson putting the fear of death into other politicians when he talked to them (yelled at, actually). But Johnson liked those pictures and the persona they conveyed. He wanted people to be scared before they even entered the Oval Office.

No comments: